This nourishing wheatgrass, spinach and roasted garlic bread is delicious on it’s own or with a favourite topping.
Serves 2-3 people | Prep Time 15 mins | Cooking time 50-60 mins + 10 mins cooling time
– 1-2 tsp Kaizen Living wheatgrass powder (from Superfoodio’s January box)
– 90g oat flour
– 90g buckwheat flour
– 90g almond meal or coconut flour
– 45g ground flax meal
– 2 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp black pepper
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 2 large eggs or flax eggs
– 160ml nut milk of your choice
– 120g apple sauce
– 50g coconut oil
– 3 tbsp roasted garlic, chopped (from 2 whole heads)
– 45g baby spinach, finely chopped
Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and preparing your loaf tin by greasing and flouring it on all sides, or lining it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl stir the dry ingredients together, apart from the spinach, until well combined. In a second bowl whisk the eggs or flax eggs together, followed by the rest of the wet ingredients, (including the garlic) until well combined and the garlic is evenly distributed.
Combine the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix together. Gently fold in the spinach until it is evenly distributed but avoid over-stirring. The mixture’s consistency should be thick but pourable.
Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes. Test for doneness with a knife. Let the bread cool for around 10 minutes in the tin and then slide a butter knife around the edges and gently turn it out onto a cooling rack. Let it fully cool before slicing. The bread will be semi-fragile while it is warm but will firm up as it cools.
Serve with a warm soup and your favourite spread or top with some mashed avocado, salt and pepper.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.