An easy Vegan twist on a classic!
TIME: 1.5 hours
– 1 bar of Superfoodio Smooth Peanut Butter Chocolate
– 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
– 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup of coconut sugar
– 1 cup of plant based mylk of your choice
– 1/2 cup of luke-warm water
– 1 tbsp of lemon juice
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
– 1.5 bars Superfoodio Smooth Peanut Butter Chocolate
– 1 cup of coconut cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Using the double boiler method melt 1 bar of the Superfoodio Smooth Chocolate together with coconut oil and stir frequently
3. Once the chocolate has melted, set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and the sugar. Mix the dry ingredients well.
5. In a jug mix together the mylk, warm water and lemon juice. Then add to this to the dry ingredients.
6. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together using a whisk.
7. Add the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture to the bowl and mix until a silky smooth batter starts to form.
8. Pour the cake batter into a lined cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
9. Once baked, set aside and leave to cool.
10. For the Chocolate Frosting, in a pan heat the coconut cream until it starts to bubble.
11. Using the double boiler method melt the chocolate and pour over the heated coconut cream.
12. Mix together until it starts to slightly thicken.
13. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and allow the mixture to cool by putting it in the fridge and frequently stirring it. The mixture should start to become a thick frosting consistency. Once a thick consistency is achieved, evenly spread the frosting on top of the cake.