These delicious pancakes are an ideal treat. Try making for Shrove Tuesday on 28th February or a healthy weekend breakfast.
Serves 2 people | Prep Time 10 mins | Cooking time 10 mins
– 35g tiger nut flour
– 2 flax eggs (use 2 tbsp ground flax seeds and 6 tbsp water)
– 35g of plain flour or flour of your choice
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 100ml milk (try coconut milk as a dairy free alternative)
– 1 punnet blueberries (washed)
– Coconut oil for cooking
– Honey or unrefined sugar of your choice
Start by preparing the 2 flax eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds (you can grind them yourself using a pestle and mortar) with 6 tablespoons of water. Leave to set for around 10 minutes until gelatinous.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the two flours and the baking powder. Make a hole in the middle of the mix and pour in the milk gradually constantly whisking to get a watery consistency.
Add in the flax eggs and continue to whisk together to ensure there are no lumps. The pancake mixture needs to be thick enough to hold some shape in the pan but not too thick that it doesn’t pour.
In a pan, heat up a teaspoon of coconut oil. When the pan is hot and the oil melted, drop a dollop of the pancake mixture into the pan. Press 5-6 blueberries on top of the pancake.
Allow the pancake to cook on one side on medium heat. You will see bubbles rising to the top and the sides browning. Flip the pancake over and allow the other side to cook. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve while warm with a drizzle of honey and extra berries on the side.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.