Strawberry and Coconut Cream Cheesecake Jars
Serves 5-6 | Prep Time 45 mins + Overnight for freezing the coconut milk
For the Cheesecake base:
– 1 cup cashew nuts
– ½ cup Nudie Snacks coconut chips (these featured in Superfoodio’s April box)
– 1/3 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp maple syrup or unrefined sweetener of your choice
– 1 drop of vanilla extract
– 1 cup dates (pre-soaked in warm water for 1 hour)
For the Coconut cream layer:
– 2 cans full fat coconut milk
– 1 drop of vanilla extract
– 2 tsp maple syrup or unrefined sweetener of your choice
– ½ tsp cinnamon
For the Strawberry sauce:
– 200g fresh strawberries (1/2 punnet)
– 5 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tbsp honey or unrefined sweetener of your choice
– 200g fresh strawberries; washed and thinly sliced
Place coconut milk cans in the freezer overnight. This will separate the solid part and the liquid part of the coconut milk.
When you’re ready to make the recipe, add cashew nuts, coconut chips and oats to a food processor. Process until a flour-like texture forms. Add the dates, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend them until the mixture becomes dough-like and starts to come together and form a ball.
Scoop about 3 tbsp of the mixture into each jar and press flat against the bottom, using a long-handled spoon. Place the jars with the cheesecake base in the freezer to harden and set while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
To make the strawberry sauce, place the strawberries in a bowl and mash with a fork. A lot of juice will be released and the strawberries will go mushy. Add the chia seeds and honey. The chia seeds will absorb some liquid and thicken the sauce. Place this in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to fully absorb.
Take out the coconut milk from the freezer that you would have left overnight, and scoop out the solid coconut milk into the food processor bowl using a metal spoon. This may require some scraping to get the hard part to loosen, as it’ll be frozen solid. Make sure to leave the icy water in the can – you only want the white flesh on the top. Using the pulse setting on your food processor, gently pulse the coconut milk for a couple of minutes, until it goes creamy and fluffy, to give a whipped texture. Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon, then pulse again. Put this in the freezer for about 10 minutes; just to make sure it’s fully set.
Next take out the jars with the cheesecake base from the freezer and assemble everything together. The jar is made up of layers so place everything in the jar accordingly. On top of the cheesecake base, add the coconut cream, followed by the strawberry sauce and finally the chopped strawberries. Repeat this layering for each jar that you are creating.
Enjoy as a healthy dessert for you and your friends.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.