Sprouted Mung Beans
Serves 2 | Prep time 2 days
– 50g whole mung beans, washed
– Water to soak and rinse beans
Other equipment required:
– 1 medium sized jar
– A cheesecloth or muslin sheet
– 1 rubber band
Start by rinsing your mung beans and soaking them in your jar. Use twice the amount of water as the mung beans, immersing them completely in the water.
Use a muslin or cheese cloth on top of the jar and use a rubber band to secure into place. Allow to soak overnight.
The following day, rinse the mung beans in the jar pouring the water through the cloth. After rinsing a couple of times, place your jar in a warm, dark place, such as an airing cupboard. Place the jar on its side, to allow room for the sprouts to grow.
After 1-2 days, the mung beans will start sprouting int the jar. Check after 1 day but you can leave for 2 days for longer sprouts.
Remove from your jar and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Sprouted mung beans taste delicious as a topping to salads, sautéed with garlic or even raw as a snack.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.