A classic now with a tasty twist!
MAKES: 20 biscuits
TIME: 45 minutes
FOR SHORTBREAD BISCUIT:
– 1/2 cup dairy free butter
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 2 cups of plain flour
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
– 1 bar of Smooth Superfoodio Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the butter into a large mixing bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour and mix. You can use your hands to mix the dough together until a ball has formed.
- If the dough is too sticky add 1 tbsp of flour at a time until the right consistency is formed. Alternatively, if the dough is too dry add 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Roll out the dough (1/2″ thickness) and then use a biscuit cutter (shape of choice) to cut out shapes. Place the biscuits onto a tray lined with baking paper with enough space in between for them to expand.
- Bake for 15 minutes (until the edges become slightly golden)
- Using the double boiler method, melt 1 bar of Superfoodio Peanut Butter Smooth Chocolate.
- Once the biscuits have cooled dip one half into the chocolate and leave to dry on a wire rack.