Fancy a slice of something delicious AND packed full of plant-protein power?
FOR THE BASE:
– 1 cup Almonds
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 cup of pitted dates
– 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
– 1tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER:
– 1 tbsp protein powder (we used Pulsin’s 250g Faba-Bean Protein Powder)
– 2 cans full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
FOR THE TOPPING:
– Superfoodio Peanut Butter Chocolate
– Fruit of your choice
- Put the almonds and cocoa powder into a blender and blitz until a course powder is formed.
- Add the dates, coconut oil and vanilla extract and blend again until a sticky dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into a cake tin and spread evenly. Place the cake tin into the freezer while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Add the Pulsin Powder, maple syrup and coconut oil and melt on a low heat.
- Mix all the ingredients until melted.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the coconut milk mixture over the base.
- Place back into the freezer until set.
- Once completely set, remove from the freezer and decorate with chocolate shaving and a fruit of choice (optional).
Keep these in the fridge for them to last longer!