Chia Mousse with a Mango Lassi twist
Serves 2 | Prep time 15 mins + Overnight
– 2 medium ripe alphonso mangoes
– 6 tbsp greek yogurt or dairy free coconut yogurt
– 1-3 tbsp of honey
– 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 6 tsp chia seeds
– Coconut flakes
– Fennel seeds
– Chopped pistachios
– Chia seeds
Peel and dice your mangoes, then add to your blender. Add the greek yogurt and vanilla and blend until smooth. It should retain the thick consistency of the yogurt. If a thicker consistency is required, stir through more Greek yogurt.
The amount of honey you need to add will depend on the ripeness and sweetness of your mangoes, as well as your sweet tooth, so taste beforehand. Stir or blend through the mixture.
Once you’ve finished blending, add the chia seeds and stir through until well incorporated, then spoon the mixture into serving bowls and place in the fridge overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid, creating a mousse like consistency.
Serve the next day, with a sprinkling of your preferred toppings.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.