Coconut Matcha Latte
Serves 2 | Prep time 10 mins
– 250ml unsweetened nut milk
– 300ml coconut milk
– 2 tsp matcha powder
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 2 tsp mixed spices (a ready mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, coriander seed, caraway seed & cloves)
– 2 tsp lacuma powder (optional)
– 3 dried figs
– 3 dried apricots
– 3 dried pitted dates
– Pinch of pink himalayan salt
– Topping of cacao nibs
In your blender, add all of the ingredients* except the coconut milk. Blend at high speed to form a smooth green milk. Pour the contents from the blender into a large glass and keep on the side.
Rinse your blender so it is clean again. This time add the coconut milk* and blend. This is to mix any solid parts and form a smooth consistency.
Using see-through glasses, pour a little bit of the green milk, followed by the coconut milk and repeat to form a layered pattern. Top with a sprinkle of cacao nibs from the grinder in this month’s box. Perfect for serving guests at a dinner party or enjoying yourself!
* If you do not regularly use or buy non-dairy milks, you may choose to make a smaller quantity at home.
To make Almond Milk – soak 50g of almonds overnight. Rinse the almonds thoroughly the next day and add to your blender. Add 1 tall glass of water to the blender and blend at high speed. Place a fine strainer or cheesecloth over a large bowl and pour out the milk. Allow the milk to drain through completely and then use as per the recipe above.
To make coconut milk – use equal parts of desiccated coconut and water. Allow to simmer in a saucepan for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Do not let the mixture boil. Pour through a fine strainer or cheesecloth as above and use your homemade coconut milk in the recipe.
Want to discover more nutritious recipes? Try a Superfoodio box today
– All our boxes include a versatile superfood meal ingredient and a range of easy to follow recipe cards.
– Don’t forget – we change the box contents every month, so you can be guaranteed a new, exciting selection of superfood-infused foods and recipes with every box received.